Thursday, July 14, 2011

July Moonrise, Northern Arizona

[Photo: Summer moonrise, Antelope Hills,
northern Arizona.]
Today was the day before the official Full Moon. Meaning that the moon would rise a little before sunset, when it's still light enough to include the landscape in the photograph.

So I headed out to the cinder cones near Sunset Crater volcano, north of Flagstaff. The National Forest land there is open enough to afford many nice views.

The moon crested the ridge to the east while it was still very light. I photographed as the sky soon turned blue and pink with the Earth's shadow at sunset. This shot is one of my favorite from this session.

(Click on the image for a larger version)

See more of my photography at www.NaturalMoment.com.

You might also be interested in my Grand Canyon Photography blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment